Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Had the Munchies

After the Saturday evening session of Stake Conference I dropped the babysitter off at her home and headed to the grocery store to buy some bananas and milk. Then I realized I just needed a little something...not sure what that was but I was sure I would know when I saw it.

So what went in my cart? Processed foods laden with sugar and artificial sweeteners. I was seriously laughing each time I put an item in my cart. First, bananas. Then it went downhill from there. Breyers ice cream...Oreo and Vanilla with Orange. Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake....the little container with the plastic spoon. Fig Newtons. Keebler's Frosted Animal Crackers. Saltine crackers. Sour Patch watermelon candy. Chile Limon Cheetos. Already made chocolate milk. (Why buy chocolate syrup if it's already mixed?) I did exert some self control by not getting the Sprite at the check out stand.

I was embarrassed by the items in my cart. I'm sure people were thinking, "Umm....excuse me, big pregnant lady, but do you know that's not good for you?!?" My reply would've been..."Yes....but you're not the boss of me."

Now this morning...none of the food I got sounds good to me.....well, maybe the ice cream does. And the chocolate milk.

7 comments:

Pattersons said...

you're so funny gabby! you sound like me:) i've been there, done that too many times...even when i wasn't pregnant! but i'd like to say that i've managed to regain some self control-SOME:)

Jayme said...

LOVE it!! Enjoy all the good food!!

Joy said...

Oh I am glad that I am not the only one to go down this path!

Pattersons said...

i thought of you today as i was grocery shopping and bought some cheetos-i couldn't resist. i'll be working on those tonight after the kids go to bed:) can't wait!

Linsey F said...

That happens to me every time I go to the store! And I am not even pregnant! But I usually have a legitimate excuse...usually!

Stephenie said...

Hahahahahaha! That is so funny! I'm sure no one was thinking that tho. The rules of the Universe are simple and finite: if you are pregnant, you can do whatever you want and no one is allowed to judge you. Unless it's really bad stuff like smoking or drinking... Anyway I'm so excited for your little baby!! :)

Olsen's 7 said...

That is totally me yesterday!