Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Have a Better Idea

This evening I had a Relief Society meeting. We sewed simple pioneer skirts and bonnets for the Relief Society anniversary in March. It's always a hectic time in the Hull home when I have a Relief Society meeting to plan. It always consists of running around the house pulling my hair out making sure I have everything and making sure there is something edible around the house for my family to eat.

Last night I was saying my prayers asking for a good day. I was hoping that things wouldn't be too stressful. While praying, I had the thought that I should pack the car in the morning so that I wouldn't feel rushed. I've never had that thought before and I took it as something I should follow.

After picking up Blake and Jacob from school, Dan called me and I told him that the car was already packed. I was happy to have followed this prompting. Blake then asked why I had packed up the car. I realized this would be a good time to teach the boys about personal revelation and following promptings. I told the boys how I had been praying the night before asking for guidance and a clear mind for today. I then told them the thought I had and that I was thankful that Heavenly Father had helped me.

Jacob then told me, "I have a better idea. I think Heavenly Father should have told you to pack the car the night before. That would have been even better."

This boy makes me smile....