Friday, October 15, 2010

"2010-Why Not" Revisited

Why not? It seemed like a simple enough question, until I tried to answer it. And so it began...

I started the year with three very specific goals:
1. Continue with a healthy eating and exercise plan and not become frustrated if the scale didn't budge
2. Regardless of what I looked like, we would take family pictures with the talented Megan Holdsworth
3. Run a half-marathon (13.1 miles seemed much better than 26.2 miles)


Update:
1. I will always be working on this one
2. We took family pictures with Megan. (Thank you, Megan!!)
3. I have paid the registration fee to run a half-marathon in my hometown on Nov. 13. I have been following a training schedule and I intend on crossing that finish line.

I'll let you know how it ends.....

6 comments:

Bardsleyland said...

After seeing you this Summer, I can attest that you have been working very hard at #1. You look fantastic Gabby!

#2. Your family pictures also look fantastic!

#3. I'll be cheering for you on the 13t. Way to go!

Sabra said...

Thanks for updating the blog. Missed you.

Trainer Momma said...

Gabby -- you inspire me. I've thought a lot about that Why Not post all those months ago. I love that mindset and have stolen and used it many times since.

Your family photos are nothing short of inspiring. What a beautiful family. What a beautiful mother.

Go and get that half! You are ready, sister.

Joy said...

Those are awesome goals. Good luck in the run you will do awesome!!

Misty said...

you look fantastic! The pictures are great. You guys are a good looking family. So good to see.

megan said...

Yay for Gabby!! we should've put this on your christmas card :0