Monday, April 14, 2008

Take the key and lock her up.....

We went on our morning walk today and I made sure I grabbed everything I needed. I had my sunglasses, visor, ipod, stroller, 4 kids and my keys. I locked the front door and then came out of the garage. Blake closed the garage door and jumped the sensor on his way out and so everything was locked up. The boys rode their bikes to school and I followed them with the stroller. It was a nice morning and it felt good to start my Monday on the right foot (no pun intended).
When we got home I took my keys out and I realized that my house key was not on my key ring. I had taken it off and hadn't put it back on. I checked all the windows and the back door and side garage door and then checked them again and there was no way of getting back in. Our garage has a keypad but I don't know the code to open it. (I know, I know.....We rented our house before we bought it and the previous renter never passed along the code so we have never been able to reprogram it.)
I went to our sweet neighbor's house and explained my situation to her. She then said, "Well I guess you'll just have to call a locksmith." It had never occured to me that I could call one! I thought we were going to spend the whole day in the backyard eating the leftover toast the boys took on our walk and drinking from the waterhose waiting for Dan to get home. So I called the locksmith and he said he would come by in about 25 minutes.
I've decided that I want to be a locksmith. All you do is take out a key from your box, put it in the door and turn it and in 2 seconds you have made $125! Imagine that!
So when the kids are all grown up and out of the house I won't go back and get my Master's, I'll just go and get the special key that unlocks all the doors and drive around and help people like me get into their homes .
And just as a side note, it's been said that things come in three and today keys came in threes. First, I left my key at home. Second, Dan was waiting for me to get home from my walk so that I could take the keys of our friend's car over to the mechanic who was going to fix it. Ok, and thirdly, I know you're waiting to hear how I can tie in the word key one more time but here goes...The new Backyardigans episode that was recorded this morning on our DVR was none other than The Key to the Nile. (That's right folks, I'll be here all week......)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't we all hate getting locked out?! About the keypad- it was awhile before we actually used our keypad as well because we didn't know the code from the previous owners. But you can look up the keypad company online and it will tell you how to reprogram it. Once Scott did that (it didn't take long at all) it was great. We wondered why we hadn't done it earlier. So good luck!

Chredna said...

Well, I'm glad you didn't have to drink out of the hose. I remember that tasting good.

Asher and Amy said...

Gabby, not sure how to respond to your question about the soap. I am still figuring out the blogging thing.

Here are the ones I have tried and I have liked them all: Organic Slippery Elm (manly, I love it when camping. The bugs stay away), Tea Tree Oil, Lush Lavender, Pain Relief (I like the smell), Pure Peppermint (again the smell), Beauty Skin Deep (red color, great for gift to women, looks girly), ISW Value Pack is what I wish I had tried to begin with because it gives you a little bit of everything. My Mom has gotten me this soap for birthdays and Christmas. It is great. She knows my friend and has served in church with her. They are very good friends.

I have tried washing my hair with different ones but I dye my hair way too much and so it cleans my hair very well. Your hair will be different. It is hard to explain.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!