Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Twilight Zone

Yes. I've been reading Twilight. That's why I haven't done anything the last two days. That's why the kitchen trash can was in the middle of the family room and I didn't even care how it got there. That's why the blueberries I gave Joshua spent most of the day on the floor. That's why I left early to go pick up the boys so that I could sit in the car and read. That's why I wasn't all there during Cub Scouts last night.




It's been fun reading but in a way I do feel bad because last week I read The Holy Secret from James Ferrell. I really enjoyed it and felt inspired to really study the scriptures and spend more time doing meaningful things. And then General Conference was this weekend and I felt the Spirit and felt like I was going to do everything I have ever felt prompted to do. But I'm sad to admit that I didn't even make it to Tuesday!!! I had no intentions of getting hooked on a new book. But I have. So I'm now trying to make myself read just gradually. A chapter here, a chapter there. I don't think it's going to happen.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. That series is addicting. So be warned, once you finish Twilight you'll be wanting more (as in the next two books!)

Gabriela Hull said...

I already finished the book! It was good and Dan surprised me with the other two so I guess I'll be absent for a while!

Ben Hutchins said...

Ha! That is like Joy. Although she does not do it too often - it is so hard to put down a good book. I'm spoiled I get an hour to and from work each day to read what i want ;)

Asher and Amy said...

Don't worry! I use to feel guilty about spending so much time reading and then I stopped. I did not get anything done at all while I read the Twilight books. Join the group. I loved them and can not wait for the next. I am probably going to read the Host as well to see if I like it.