Sunday, June 8, 2008

What happens when you allow your children to watch Gymnastics?

They start thinking that it is perfectly safe and OK to flip on the couch. You get a 5 year old who thinks it is safe to jump and flip and land on a pillow. Now that I've informed them that it's not OK to do those things they are wondering when we'll be able to get a trampoline so that they can safely attempt those feats.
I'm smiling on the inside because those are the exact things my sisters attempted to do when we watched gymnastics during the Olympics. The difference is that we had a trampoline. Their friends would come over and they would play "Olympics." Ericka does a mean Svetlana Boginskaya! So thanks to my sisters for creating fun memories for me!

2 comments:

Chredna said...

You fail to remember Ericka and I doing no handed cartwheels and front flips on a piece of 3 inch foam in my mom's room because we thought that was enough to keep us safe. Remember???

PEHNelson said...

Edna I totally remember doing that! We were not very smart! And yes, if anyone would like to challenge "Svetlana," bring it on! I've been know to reprise the role!