Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dan's Race

Dan completed an Olympic triathlon this morning. That is a mile swim, a 25 mile bike ride, and a 6.2 mile run. It was very inspiring to see all the athletes finish. (I had to wipe a tear or two..)

Dan's the man!

(I told Dan that I'd love to run this race with him next year. There is a problem, however. My swimming skills amount to the ability to not drown and the last time I rode a bike was my junior year in high school. Also, I really don't run. So we'll see if I'm there next year.)



We had fun waiting around for Dan to finish. Only a few scrapes and not too many meltdowns. (Brandon got a bit scraped up when, after a few times of jumping over a trash can, finally missed and Jacob hit his eye and mouth on a pole of the playground.)
That's us! Way to go, Dan. We love you!

3 comments:

Joy said...

That is awesome way to go Dan. Dan is the man. Hey are you guys coming this way for Thanksgiving we'd love to see you if so.

Becky said...

Wow! Congrats to Dan :] Dad would be proud...is I should say. :) Glad ya'll are doing great.

Pattersons said...

that's way too cool! congrats dan!:) and what a super support group you have there:)