Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Feeling Crafty

Every once in a while I get sudden urges to sew. It usually happens when I go to Utah and see my mother-in-law's sewing room. There's usually a fabric store stop somewhere in there as well. This last trip to Utah included a stop at the Fabric Mill. I saw the cutest tote bag hanging up and I decided that I wanted to make it. I have never made a tote bag but that didn't matter. If there's a pattern then it must be possible to sew, right? So I picked up my pattern and some Mary Englebright fabric by Moda. I read the instructions and I had no idea where to even begin. So I mentally put that project on hold.

Then a great thing happened....my parents came to visit and that meant that my mom and I could do this project together. My family jokes that when you come to my house there is always a sewing machine involved. So last night we started the tote bag and at 4am the bag was finished. (I just need to get a button for it.) It took us a while because we wanted to make sure we were doing it right. When it was all done we both decided that it was a pretty easy project. I can't wait to make more!

This is the view of the inside of the bag. It has lots of pockets!

8 comments:

PEHNelson said...

make me one please!

ekarla14 said...

I want one that has black!!! How fun!!! I need to start using my sewing machine as well!!!

Chredna said...

Cute bad....by the way...I love your green walls...

Griscel and Erik said...

that is way cute!!! when u come down we will have to use my sewing machine for the first time and make one...or come curtains or something easy like that!!

Linsey F said...

So dang cute! I think you should come to Yuma and we can have a bag making night....and I can watch you make me one!! Doesn't that sound like fun! I'll bring chocolate! (BTW-Ericka told me to look at your blog to see the bag..I am not blog stalking you!!)

Ryan Amber and Family said...

NOT FUNNY WHEN YOU DECIDE TO ANNOUNCE YOUR GREATNESS!!
HA HA

let us know when we can get started

Jayme said...

You are so crafty! The bag turned out so cute! put me on the list for one :)

Asher and Amy said...

The bag is so cute! You did a great job! I have been sewing a lot lately as well. Hope to post some of that later this month. I love seeing the kids and Dan. Thanks for sharing.