Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's the Little Things

It's the little things in life that make me smile. After several months of non functioning electrical outlets in all three of our bathrooms, I am happy to report that they all work!!!!!!

This makes me SO happy. It all started when I asked Dan to change out the downstairs bathroom plug cover (I'm sure that's not the correct term) from cream to white. He switched it to the white one and then the outlets in all the bathrooms never worked again.

Again, in the grand scheme of things I shouldn't have been bothered about tripping over extension chords each time I had to blow dry my hair, flat iron my hair, or iron. (We iron in our bathroom). I was grateful that I had electrical current in my house and it shouldn't have mattered that it didn't come out of my bathrooms, right? Right.

Last night I came home from a scout meeting and Dan told me very matter-of-factly that he fixed the outlets. What!!!!??!! I was so happy. Again, it's the little things that make me smile.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I love hearing from you and what makes you smile. I'm so glad that the outlets work now.

PEHNelson said...

YAY!!! that was totally annoying!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. I went about 6 months without the outlets in our bathrooms working until we finally broke down and called the electrician. Funny how you can get around it. Then once they were fixed I still would dry my hair in my room just out of habit until I remembered that I could use the bathroom!