Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mother of the Year....again

I missed parent/teacher conference. It was last Friday and I just realized I missed it last night.

Here's what happened. I sent my request to have conferences for all 4 teachers (Blake goes to 5th grade for Math and Language so that added a 4th conference) for Friday the 14th. Three of the four teachers were full on Friday so they scheduled me for today, Wednesday. Then I received an email from the 5th grade teacher letting me know that I had conference on the 14th at 2pm. I replied and said, "I'll be there!" That was it. I never went. I never showed up. I never called to let him know why I didn't go. I just assumed all of my conferences were for today and never really bothered to check.

Then last evening I decided to look up my schedule for conferences for today. Imagine my surprise when I saw that I had one of Friday!!!! I quickly emailed the teacher and apologized. He said it was fine to go today.

So there you have it....the mother of the year strikes again.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Gabby Hull! I just found your blog through Jayme Behunin-Garces' blog (we grew up in the same ward.) Small, small world! Jeff and I think of you guys and your cute family often. In fact, six months ago, just after we moved to Oregon, I was going through some old things and found a sweet thank you not you had written me in our first married ward when we lived in the yellow brick house on 7th North. Quite amazing. You must be in California now? I'd love an update on your family! Jeff is going to be excited I found you. He really appreciated Dan's service and example as our home teacher during that first year we were married. So fun!

Amber Dahl

Joy said...

Oh Gabby how I love how you make me feel better about myself. I forget things like that weekly if not daily. Thank you for sharing and putting a smile on my face.

Pattersons said...

oh gabby! if you only knew how i'm a major contender for mother of the year as well:) your sense of humor is appreciated-believe me.