Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Grateful for....

We had a great Thanksgiving. It was so nice to feel well enough to cook and bake and eat! We ate at about 1:30 and by 3 we were all taking naps. It was a great day!



It's so nice to have this time of year to reflect on our blessings. During our dinner we each took a turn to tell three things about each family member that we are grateful for. I love my boys! They were all very kind to me and even said I make the best dinners.



We enjoyed having Dan home for a few days and we used the time to catch up on some projects. We finished some touchup painting and finally got around to hanging family pictures on the wall. We have been in this house for 5 years and I've had 3 packages of frames up against my bedroom wall for almost a year and we finally got around to hanging them up. We also put up our Christmas tree and our decorations.





Of all the things we did the highlight of the weekend was:



The Hull Stratego Tournament of Champions.



I know you're thinking, "I wish we had gone over to their house!" Dan brought home this game a few weeks ago and it is all the boys want to play. Luckily for me I was able to advance to the semifinal round. I felt very pleased with myself when I beat Jacob. I'm sure this will become a tradition for years to come.

4 comments:

Chredna said...

Hey can we play that game when we come to visit? I feel the same way when I beat Ryan at mariokart!

Stephenie said...

Oh my goodness! The day I beat Hunter at the DK Summit on Mariocart Wii was one of the proudest days of my life. Hahaha I understand where you both are coming from :)

Pattersons said...

ooohhh-that looks fun!

Asher and Amy said...

I think Jason and I use to play this game as kids. Does it have bomb pieces? Your Thanksgiving sounded so fun. We had a lot of family here as well and it was great.